"Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow. Where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up. These events will bring great honor to the Lord’s name; they will be an everlasting sign of his power and love.” Isaiah 55:13

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Book Review Friday: 2 Samuel 12-15

I must say, that "only" one thing jumped INTO me this week, but it was straight from the Lord and you know how D-E-E-P He can cause His Word to jump.

2 Samuel 12:7-8
This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. I gave your master's house to you, and your master's wives into your arms. I gave you the house of Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more.'

It's a very long story, but - in short - the Lord is birthing a healing ministry at our church, which will come forth under my leadership. I was feeling completely and utterly inadequate to conduct the initial "info meeting" on Sunday. What was I to say? There are still so many unknowns. There was a fear rising up in me and that's when the Lord broke through with His Word, fed my heart, and transformed my being.

If all this had been too little, I would have given you even more.

Though our situations are vastly different, I heard the same God that David did. The One who is faithful to provide for the ministry He's called us to. I could create a substantial list of the details the Lord has given for this ministry - not the least of which is its name, BRING THEM TO ME Ministries (from Mark 9) - and though there truly is much that I have yet to know, I DO have enough to go forward in the confidence of His presence, perfection, provision and faithfulness.
*
This week in God's Word and presence was transforming. It corrected my perspective and enabled me to lead His people with TRUTH. Glory to Him!

(this post was originally much longer, but I lost it into the swirl of cyberspace and am now summarizing even further ...)

2 Your Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I loved that part too about 'if it had not been enough'. God is so good to me!. Thanks for your review! Wish we could have seen the original.

Mari said...

I will be praying for you, check out my posts on healing. God is doing some mighty things in this area. We went to a healing conference as a family in April and it was wonderful, we had 50 hours of training and I'm changed. My 6 year old was changed too! Press in!